Skills Training Workshop
Ready for Organizational Excellence?
Take Navigating Challenging Dialogue™ Skills Training
Tackle the root of communication problems and establish a foundation for rock-solid connection. With a methodology rooted in brain-based research, take part in lively group discussion, targeted coaching, and experiential activities. Dive into the 6-step process and develop the tools to prepare and engage in healthy, successful dialogue.
In the onsite Skills Training Workshop
- Explore triggers that get in the way of healthy dialogue.
- Develop tools to mitigate the impact of our own triggers.
- Learn strategies to reduce unhealthy conflict and drama. You'll increase staff job satisfaction and reduce turnover.
In this one-day interactive workshop we tackle the root of communication problems and establish a foundation for rock-solid connection. Through the lens of brain-based research, take part in lively group discussion, targeted coaching, and experiential activities. Dive into the 6-step process and develop the tools to prepare and engage in healthy, successful dialogue.
- Gain insight into how personal actions and quality of communication impact the workplace.
- Explore the importance of the use of respect, recognition and praise to motivate and hold self and others accountable.
- Explore ways to take ownership and accountability of work contributions, strengths and self-development.
- Learn skills to effectively give and receive timely, constructive feedback.
- Gain insight into your unique behavioral patterns when under stress or feeling vulnerable that may block relationship building and professional advancement.
- Understand the importance of aligning job duties, expectations with mission and organizational goals.
- Be introduced to strategies to set clear expectations, delegate and increase the accountability of staff and self.
- Explore strategies to ask for clarity from others.
- Inspire self and others to be curious, agile, life long learners.
- Learn the value of fostering an environment of regular communication and interaction.
- Understand emotional triggers and how they confuse communication and create unnecessary drama and chaos.
- Learn concrete strategies to mitigate the impact of triggers in both planned and unplanned situations.
- Learn to use the Navigating Challenging Dialogue™ Worksheet and Navigating Challenging Dialogue™ Reframing Your Story tools.
- Participate in activities to practice and develop skills.
- Identify ways to transfer learning back to work environment.
- Complete a reflection assessments to measure learning and competency.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE SKILLS TRAINING WORKSHOP, PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Improve overall leadership competency and skill.
- Increase positive and clear communication among colleagues.
- Develop more positive relationships with staff, constituents and partner agencies.
- Be a more valued and effective participant in brain storming, problem solving and healthy conflict.
- Improve the ability to effectively delegate, give feedback, motivate and hold others accountable.
- Be eligible to apply to be trained as a Navigating Challenging Dialogue™ Certified Trainer or Master Trainer.
- Navigating Challenging Dialogue™ Participant Manual
What Clients Have to Say
Thanks for facilitating our training last month at the Delta Stewardship Council. I wanted to pass along an observation that several of us made following the training you might enjoy:
The environment you fostered for having difficult discussions as part of our exploration of emotional intelligence and learning emotional leadership skills was well-received and demonstrated during the day. We explored a couple of issues that were emotionally and personally charged, and the effect of dealing with it together was heart-warming and successful. Kudos to you for providing a place where we could explore difficult issues as a group and come out of the experience successfully and with a workable solution.
Steve Culberson, Delta Stewardship Council
“Beth Wonson came to us in a time where as a non profit we needed to evaluate ourselves and our direction as we took another step of growth and change. She is a professional who quickly understood our issues and dynamics. She is skillful with facilitation, evaluation, and team building. Beth Wonson helped us work through challenges at a critical moment in an effective way such that we are on a better path to meet our mission. I was utterly skeptical at the beginning and by the end I was entirely grateful.”
Andrew DeFranza, Executive Director, Harbor Light Community Partners, Beverly MA
What Participants Say
This workshop really helped me recognize my tendency to avoid conflict including strategizing ways to deal with it.”
“I’m moving into a leadership role and this workshop gave me a great perspective on how to be more effective with my team.”
“Valuable not only in the workplace but also with my relationships with family and significant other”
Success Starts With You
Anytime we are preparing to engage in a challenging dialogue, we must be completely clear with ourselves first. Because the reality is, all we can manage is ourselves.
Everyone has different communication, learning, and processing styles. Learn how to leverage that for better communication.
Santa clara county, CA
March 15, 2018
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
45-minute lunch break and two 15-minute breaks
Total COST $695
Request AN Onsite Workshop
Beth Wonson will come to your offices to conduct an on-site Navigating Challenging Dialogue™ workshop with your organization. Answer these few questions and we'll get in touch with the details to best serve your organization ...