Navigating Challenging Dialogue® Transforms Organizations
Most companies, organizations, government agencies, and nonprofits I’ve worked in spend a lot of time and money creating strategic plans, training people on technical aspects of their work, and developing fine experts and skilled staff. But they don’t spend equal time and money on the areas where resources leak out of the organization at the fastest rate – how we engage in the workplace.
With the high velocity of change in our world and within our organizations:
- The need to have effective, tough conversations is more important now than ever before.
- It’s critical that organizations use their resources in the best possible way.
- Everybody on the team must be able to operate in their Zone of Strength.
- People must be skilled at, mentored in, and have opportunities to practice engaging in tough conversations, even when the dialogue is emotionally difficult.
Making a commitment to healthy communication is easy.
The tools, strategies, and self-awareness created through Navigating Challenging Dialogue make change sustainable.
With a mastery of Navigating Challenging Dialogue, people can—
Manage themselves more effectively,
Work towards the good of the whole,
Take care of themselves and others within the dialogue,
Give clear feedback,
Hold people accountable for the behaviors, and
Resolve the toughest, most complex problems facing organizations and society.
All while maintaining relationships, personal integrity, and working in their Zone of Strength.
Why Is Navigating Challenging Dialogue Skills Training Effective?
- It is an opportunity for participants to learn about how our brains work to keep us safe with core triggers.
- Through the experiential activities, participants get an opportunity to learn and understand how they show up under stress, including how they show up when working in a team or with a group.
- Participants become aware of how their behavior changes and appears when they’re working within a time constraint, or without the whole picture.
- Participants tackle actual scenarios from their workday. The exercises and activities are always meaningful and relevant because participants bring them to the training from real life.
- The workshop itself is a dialogue. Participants learn from each other, as well as from the facilitator. They listen to each other’s experiences, challenges, and struggles.
- Participants leave with insight into the stories they create that put them in victim mode, helpless mode, and villain mode.
- Participants recognize that if they want to show up differently – if they want to be different – they absolutely can. If they want to build healthy connections and be seen and experienced as part of the solution (instead of as part of the drama and chaos), they absolutely can.
- Participants learn that the way they respond or react is a choice. If they choose, they don’t have to take things personally. They can step out of the drama and chaos surrounding them.
- Participants make real and significant shifts in how they see the world and how they see themselves. They also gain a new understanding that the way they show up impacts everyone around them.
- Participants develop a personalized strategy of how they’re going to incorporate the learning into their day-to-day lives.
Navigating Challenging Dialogue has a lasting impact on participants’ personal lives and their organizations because they leave understanding that they can work with integrity and within their Zone of Strength, and that they can be an agent for change.
Why Take Navigating Challenging Leadership Certification?
Learn to teach, mentor, and coach within your organization! You can foster positive communication, reduce drama, improve clarity of communication, increase staff job satisfaction, and reduce turnover.
In this training, you’re learning how to hold an emotionally safe space for people to be vulnerable and to take risks with their learning. This is critical when your organization is learning and growing, and also trying on new ways of leading and strategizing.
The leadership skills taught in the Leadership Certification workshop build long-term value for yourself and your organization.